Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pumpkin Panties

everyday snapshot - this is Halloween

I don't like to say too much about my Girl here out of respect for her privacy, but since she is key to the following story I will make a partial exception.

.......................

My adult Princess is a creative girl who doesn't need to purchase any prefabricated craft items as her talent can carry her ideas to fruition easily.

So I was surprised when she comes home the other day with a pre-packaged Halloween project from the craft store.

OK I'll be honest, I didn't much care one way or another – not at first. I read the package, saw her logic in the purchase, and went on my way. She's been busy as of late, thought this was a quick an easy way to decorate a pumpkin, doesn't like carving pumpkins, but likes lace… You get the picture.


I on the other hand; I like to carve my pumpkins the old fashion way. The whole gooey mess is all part of the process. Getting my hands dirty…turning the pumpkins in one hand and then the other, shaping, turning them this way and that… figuring out what the jack-o-lanterns will look like, which parts to cut and which to leave, is all equally enjoyable. 


She bought this 3-pack craft kit pictured above. It makes sense that of course these are hand-made by none other than Martha Stewart herself in all their perfected promise (Yes, yes, I know Martha doesn't make them, but her little army of minions do). Again to be fair, I had never heard of "pumpkin sleeves". Perhaps you have, but I had no idea what to really expect. 


I had my jack-o-lanterns done last Saturday. My Princess got around to her's last night. Moments later I walked into the kitchen and stopped in my tracks. 

Turns out they don't look like the picture because the reality is that our pumpkins are in fact that; real pumpkins and a bit heavier than Martha's cover models.

My Princess looks at me as I am in a trance staring at her pumpkins and asks

"What do you think?"

"Why did you dress the pumpkins in your panties?"

"What?! ...Huh? What?! What are you talking about!"

"I think they should be repackaged as Pumpkin Panties!"


I went on to explain how hers, actual ones pictured above, look like pumpkins wearing lace panties. If you let your mind wander for a second. Honestly, do they not? 

"Oh mygawd."

She stood there not knowing what else to say, now seeing what I saw, so I patted her bottom as I tried to cheer her up:


"Don't worry, if your PG-13 pumpkins survive Halloween night, I am thinking of recycling. We can use these as festive panties for YOU young lady! Without leg holes, I am sure they will slide right on easily...or down easily as needed."
-----

Just to further prove my point, as I did some online research for the package picture, I came across the following picture of the same product online on a DIY Home Decor blogger's site. Yes, this is the exact same product! (and for the record, that is the female DIYourselfer's hand, not mine.)



Now tell me honestly, don't those look a lot like these panties:


.......................

Before you go, please take a moment to Comment and/or Vote.
I have added varied answers so you can vote for more than one.

Hope you all have a Safe and Fun Halloween!  
Hope to see you all on sunday for a Special Halloween Story.




2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! Oh my gosh, those are amazing. I hate carving pumpkins, but I always buy them anyway and make a fall display out front. Now THESE would definitely spice up my display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't these great?! These will now be a part of our annual Halloween decorations.

    Autumn, you should pick up a pack; definitely will spice up your display plus, like I said, they are multipurpose.

    BTW, Did you dress up as Daenerys for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always encouraged and appreciated -- Just remember to be polite.