Friday, July 21, 2017

Reflective Friday

Current Mood: Reflective


I came across this quote recently:
 

"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world
but then I thought there are so many people in the world,
there must be someone just like me
who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do.
I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too.
Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes,
it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you."
 – Frida Kahlo

Yes, on the surface simply a quote written by a woman, addressing and being supportive of another woman, another kindred spirit, but to me it is more. Her note to the "strange" is my note to a my own kindred spirits across the internet.




And if I was to allow myself to believe in the unbelievable,
perhaps a lover not yet met.




...........

For a slightly different mood, don't forget to read and share your thoughts
on my previous post HERE.

2 comments:

  1. This was beautiful! I've never heard that quote from Frida. It's so heart wrenching because I know, in my soul, exactly how she feels. if only she could have been born today. We might have met and reassured each other.

    Thank you, Enzo. Also, that first image is just about perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keri -
    Glad to know that this post touched you!
    And happy that you took the time to let me know, so thank YOU.

    Best,
    Enzo

    PS
    First time visiting or just first time commenting?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always encouraged and appreciated -- Just remember to be polite.