Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Hello - More Roadblocks - and A Story Revisited

Hello? (Hello? Hello? Hello?)
Is there anybody out there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone home?


It has been so long since I’ve posted. I know I have said that in the past when have taken unplanned breaks throughout the years, but this time; well this very well may be the longest time I have been away.

So is anyone still around?

I took a very brief look around our little corner of the blogosphere and was happy to see a few familiar faces still posting. I see Hermione, I see Prefectdt and Ken, I see Wolfie, I see Fondles and Erica. There are others of course, but that was simply on a very quick glance around the room to see who has remained active.

I give credit to all those who have maintained blogging on a consistent basis. From personal experience, I know it isn’t easy to maintain. I also know it is hard to self motivate when comments are low or non-existent.

Logging back into Blogger I noticed a couple of new things. First of all, I have to log into every individual blog now which seemed a bit odd. That was the least of it as I suddenly saw my blog had been flagged. Well one post in particular had been flagged. However, in true Blogger fashion, the note across my Blogger dashboard read “This post was put behind a warning for readers because it contains sensitive content as outlined in Blogger’s Community Guidelines”. Ok so far I’m following except for the basic fact that they don’t tell me which post. LOL. Needless to say I’m a bit confused at this point as I'm not sure which was the “offensive” post and thus having a hard time finding the said “offense.”

Upon further research into my email and spam folder to be exact, I find the email warning pointing to the particular post. And yet, after reading the guidelines I am still unclear of the offense. Furthermore I wonder if someone reported that post and or my entire blog in general. Nonetheless Blogger “too action”.

The action being that now “Your blog readers must acknowledge the warning before being able to read the post/blog”. Again I am unclear if this is a different and additional step than the email log-in that is now required to see the blog. My blog, like so many others around here, was already under an "Adult Warning" page. And yet here we are, so many steps just to get to read the smut of our choosing - the outrage!

So dear readers, please let me know what you see when you log into my blog, if the process is particularly different.

Now coincidentally that offensive post happened to be a 4th of July / Independence Day themed post. Since most of you know what day today is (was), I’ll leave you with a convenient link to read that timely, and possibly offensive, post here:

https://everdayspankings.blogspot.com/2018/07/stars-fireworks-hump-day-story.html

 


I will give you all fair warning, or reminder, that this post in particular is a bit more graphic than the majority of my stories and posts. So be warned, but again that is what I though the original "Adult Warning" was all about. 

So, is there an additional warning on that blog post page as well?

Regardless, please enjoy the story and let me know what you think of it, even if you remember reading it and commenting back then. If so, has your opinion of the story changed or stayed the same? Or especially if you have never read it before, please share your thoughts. Read it there, but comment back here.

And while you are at it, please let me know how your are all doing. I have thought about you all, but things have kept me away - all of which are best saved for another post altogether. 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Did not need to sign in. No warning messages on this post or the one you had the link to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous - Appreciate you letting me know. That is so weird and inconsistent that you didn't need to sign in or see additional warning signs. Half the time Blogger has issues allowing me to comment on my own posts.

      Delete
  2. I would not worry about a long break, it was only a few years ago that I ended a break of about 5 years. Bloggers censorship is indiscriminate. They closed down my original blog on the grounds of a post breaching copyright infringement. A post that only contained ;pictures that came from my own camera and words that I had typed. Conclusion - They are just being assholes to make their holier than thou numbers look good.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prefectdt - I mostly worry about long breaks because as is for some reason I still feel a bit under the radar in this area of the blogosphere (despite my years of blogging and consistent topics) and any long breaks will lead to even less readers.
      As far as Blogger censorship, based on your experience, sounds like you are probably correct.

      Delete
  3. I don't save any sites. I just check in with Hermione's blog and use her links. Glad to see you posting again.

    No extra warning on your blog.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather - Nice to hear from you! I was wondering about you, hope you are well.
      Also thanks for letting me know about the extra (non-existent) warnings.

      Delete
  4. I have deeply enjoyed your stories, so much so that after reading several, I went back to 2011 and have read everything you have posted. I did the same with Strict Julie. Keep on writing!
    Lurker48

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lurker48 - Wow that is quite the complement - re-reading all my posts! That is quite impressive. Thanks for that and the encouragement to keep writing. Appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  5. Hi Enzo,

    I'm so pleased to hear from you again. Blogger has been harrassing many of us.

    I stay logged on to Blogger (Google) on my browser, so I don't have to log in to read blogs. But for the few blogs I do have trouble with, Look at the URL in the address bar. On the left is a shield. Click on it and turn off Enhanced Tracking. That will let you comment as yourself and not Anonymous, and will acknowledge that you are logged on to Google.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hermione -
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Thanks for the tip on turning off the “shield” of enhanced tracking. Yes, that fixed the issue about not being allowed to comment as myself vs anonymous on my own blog.

    I’m still not clear about the Blogger warning I received and how it is different than before, especially since based on the comments here nothing has changed to visitors. I simply just don’t get it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Enzo, good to see you back again. I’ve seen nothing wrong with your blogs at all except you seem to wander off sometimes. I’m still missing Dev though. Bye for now Aussie Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny - Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'm certain you are not alone in missing Dev. He ran a lively blog.

      Delete
  8. first, it's great to see you!
    second, i'm always logged in on my computer so no additional logging in required for me. just the usual sensitive content warning.
    third, i had issues with the offensive content too. I put the blog behind a warning but the notices were still coming and after a week of daily notifications i took the blog down temporarily to see if it would stop. I wonder if someone was being a btch and reporting all my old posts - like from 8-10 years ago. WTF.

    when i finally went live again there were more issues with people not being able to log in. Until hermione helped me with the http vs https issue.

    So no, you're not the only one who's having Blogger problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fondles! Great to see you, too! Thanks for the welcome back. (virtual hug)

      As far as blogger, I wondered similar - if someone was intentionally reporting my posts. That might have been the case. The logic of it, I am not so sure about - why would someone be reading somewhere where the likelihood of being offended is probably high. Odd.

      I'll have to stop by your place and catch up on what you've been up to.

      Delete

Comments are always encouraged and appreciated -- Just remember to be polite.