Thursday, July 18, 2019

Multiple Random Reasons

click to enlarge

Maybe you are like me (I bet you are!) and pinup illustrations immediately bring a heart warming smile to your face.



The beauty above is no exception.


So why did I decide to share this one, today?
For multiple random reasons.




From the obvious:

1) I love pinup illustrations.

2) This one in particular is another creation by my favorite pin up artist, Gil Elvgren.



To the subtle:


3) It is Summer and that means that this is the time of year a lot of people are out traveling and vacationing.

4) Travel by rail is also at one of its peak points of the year.



To the obscure:


5) I will be traveling late next week and am prepping for that trip.

6) I was going through some files and came across some notes by pure coincidence.



I was reminded that Hermione of Hermione's Heart fame had shared this image as one of her Complete the Caption posts many, many years ago (yes, years ago literally).



I had submitted my caption which is a rare thing for me since I’m usually not very good at those. However, since the striking visual created an immediate story in my head, the caption was a lot easier for me.



I’ll share the slightly enhanced version, just in case you are curious:




“Dry your tears Young Lady; it was a fair deal and you agreed to it.

A deal is a deal!”



“But I didn't realize…..[sob] It just isn't fair.”



“What? A spank for every pound over the baggage weight limit and in exchange you get to bring all your luggage" said the porter. “Seems straight forward and very fair to me.”



"[sob]...But I didn't realize
tthat...th, the other passengers... 

would be witnessing me being spanked...
[sob]
And of all days...the; the…the dada-day I wore my black sheer panties!"


Wouldn't that just make a splendid short story? 
So what do you think?

Would you be interested in that story?

Let me know via the survey below or be personable and send me a comment.















2 comments:

  1. I think Gil must be everyone's fav. I bought a coffee table book that included dozens of his illustrations in addition to other artists. I wonder where that book is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bogey -
    I don't know about everyone's favorite - I know there are lots who think Vargas and Petty were the best. Vargas & Petty's skillets were "photo-realistically" superior to Elvgren, but Elvgren definitely mastered the fun in his scenes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always encouraged and appreciated -- Just remember to be polite.